Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Korean Tigers


I've only got a couple of minutes to put this up on the blog before I have to dive back to work, but it just dawned on me to share this thought...

When I was at UCLA, some of my Korean-American friends used to say "Horangi-rul malhamyun onda!" [I was gonna try to put it in Hangul, but that'd have been a seriously time consuming endeavor.]

The translation is "Speak of a tiger, and one will come." In other words, be careful of what you wish for. You may not be ready for it when it comes true.

More later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great moment of reading blogs.

Anonymous said...

You just chilled my innermost module. I am contemplating something large. Thank you for checking my stride.

W2 out. . .

Boris said...

There are a lot of tiger print scrolls in Japanese art, but Japan has no tigers... I'm told that is the reason that many Japanese pictures of tigers look like cats (artists use house cats as models). Don't know if it's true or not, but that's what I heard.

Hope all is well with you and yours Doc!